Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Glitter and preparedness

I am of the opinion, at least today, that glitter paper, beads, and metallic pipe cleaners can make any day memorable and brighter.  Our dining room light fixture is now decorated for the holiday season.


 The quilt for our son is both finished and gigantic.  He is due during Epiphany, so we're doing a star theme.  I saw this quilt pattern as a king size bed-spread.  They offered the "lap size" pattern as well.  Which turns out to be 65 inches square.  I don't know whose lap that was sized for, but it's a fairly adult sized quilt.  Oh well....I love the stars.  I keep calling them "Bethlehem stars", but I don't have a good reason to do so. haha.  I did have a friend of the family professionally quilt it for me.  I just couldn't imagine doing that size of a quilt on my machine.  I'm so glad I did!  I love the swirl pattern she chose.  Reminds me a bit of Van Gogh's Starry Night. 






Here's the wall decal we chose for his little corner of our home.  I found it on Etsy.  Again, I am loving the variety of star shapes, not just the traditional 5-point star.  Please pardon the funky yellow tone of the photo.  Our room is kinda dark upstairs, and with the cream colored walls, it was giving me a fit.  You get the idea, nevertheless.



I am thankful for the physical preparations necessary in getting our home ready for our son.  I need it to help me wrap my mind around the fact that in a few months, Lord willing, we will be welcoming home a sweet baby boy.  Next up:  Getting those tiny clothes organized and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment